Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Spring Has Sprung!










April showers bring May flowers. We have all heard it - and it seems to be true. My flowers are blooming.... everywhere. Iris', wild rose, cala lilies, mums, honeysuckle, daisies, and more. They are beautiful! And what inspiration they are. I can't wait to start painting some flower pictures. I have several in mind as we speak. And the birds! I believe there are nests in every bird house and gourd around here. We have a bird house on our porch with a pair of blue birds nesting. I've been watching them for days. So busy bringing food in for the little ones. They were beginning to look like I feel after the grandkids have been here for a week or two. Harried! I thought to get a picture and show you, so I set up my chair nearby- it never bothered them before for me to be there - got my camera, and waited.....and waited....and waited..... ..... ..... You know I believe they moved out while I was in the house getting that camera! I finally saw Mommy fly out and have not seen a bird near that house since. I have even been working here on my laptop to watch and they are gone. Hopefully on the next go around I'll be ready sooner. I hear they nest a couple times a summer. OH! - I need to go put some food in my humming bird feeder. They should be showing up soon too. YEAAA SPRING!

No comments: