Wednesday, January 9, 2008

This Week's Featured Artist

If you like color and texture, softness and beauty, then visit my new friend and Etsy artist Judy, of JN Originals. She crochets, sews, felts, and recycles. I love how she mixes the old - in her embellishments, with the new - of her creations.

I met Judy through the Etsy street team Boomers and Beyond. We both joined Etsy around the same time and share the journey of learning the art of Etsy. It is turning out that the journey is the real blessing of it all because of all the new friends you make along the way!

This clutch, along with her others, would be a great accessory for any wardrobe. It makes my hands tingle just to just touch it.



These beautiful coasters are made of 100% wool as are many of Judy's items. They were crocheted and then felted, making for very good durability. I'm sure that your guests will be handling these for the pure textural experience as well as using them for drinks!







And when you couldn't stand to wait for the full indulgence any longer, wrap one of her scarfs around you neck and enjoy! These are made from multiple yarns and are 76" long so you will be plenty warm and cozy on those cold, blustery days.

Judy's words are: "Nothing happens unless first we dream," says Carl Sandburg. I would add that dreams are also realized when we ask "What if...?" and "Why not?" Those two questions form the basis of my handmade, one-of-a-kind creations. I love playing with color, texture and pattern--and the journey is just as important to me as the final product.

So Thank You Judy for letting me join you on your journey. I look forward to many more "miles"!

Have a great, blessed day everyone.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Pattie. JN's work looks great and a wonderful artist to feature. Joan :)

Zuda Gay Pease said...

Patti, lovely post!! I love Judy's work!!! And I agree, I just really want to touch them and the colors are so yummy!

joon said...

Patti, This is wonderful and great work on your blog. It's gorgeous and so inviting. Love the pale blue. Have to run but wanted to send along a cyber hug to both you and your Star, Judy! ox joon

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Patti, for featuring me in your blog. The Etsy Boomers and Beyond community is certainly welcoming and supportive!

Judy Nolan
JN Originals
http://jnoriginals.etsy.com

Attack of the Vintage said...

great job patti. I really enjoyed your writing of the info and pictuers. Definitely made me want to venture over to check Judy's shop out.

Anonymous said...

I have one of these purses by Judy! It is so beautiful, and using it makes me feel special. I chose one with colors that I don't normally use or wear just for the thrill of it, and I'm glad I did!

Anonymous said...

I have a purse like this by Judy of JN! Using it makes me feel special.